Happy group of students sitting at the park talking

Work as a co–op student or intern

Some programs include work experience as part of their curriculum. You may apply for a co-op or intern work permit if:

  • you have a valid study permit,
  • working is a key part of your study program in Canada,
  • you have a letter from your school that confirms all students in your program need to complete work placements to get their degree
  • your co-op or internship is 50 per cent or less of the total program of study.